1. In the country of the United States of America more individuals enjoy jigsaw puzzles each and every year than most any other table game.
2. Most costly Jigsaw Puzzles. The most costly modern jigsaw puzzles are manufactured from wood like the jigsaw puzzles from Stave Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles and Wentworth Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles.
3. A talented jigsaw puzzle craft person can cut somewhere around a 100 pieces per hour but 25 – 50 pieces per hour is known to be usual.
4. You might not be aware of the fact that the Stave jigsaw puzzle Company of America create, market and sell the most costly series of modern jigsaw puzzles. For as long ago as 1993 a Stave Company jigsaw puzzle was sold for more than $12,000. The Stave Jigsaw Puzzle company creates many jigsaw puzzles each and every year which are enthusiastically purchase at prices of well over $5,000 each. Now this is not your everyday puzzle.
5. The quickest way of doing a jigsaw is usually to sort all of the various colors into groups prior to beginning. The true ‘Experts’ get on your feet constantly. Sitting really does cramp your style!
6. When it comes to a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle it usually takes you around thirty minutes in order to get all the necessary pieces sorted the proper way along with the ‘Straight edge’ pieces set aside. It is important for you to double this period of time so that you can sort all of the individual pieces into rough color groupings.
7. Even though it may appear odd, it usually takes you 4 times longer to complete a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle as it will to complete a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. This is simply because each and every time you double the total number of jigsaw puzzle pieces you quadruple the challenge and difficulty. Prior to you starting a 4,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, you need to take into consideration that it’s going to take you 64 times longer to finish up the 4000 piece jigsaw than it involves to actually successfully finish a 500 piece one!
8. The jigsaw puzzle Educa Company of Spain has got the distinction of manufacturing the majority of the smallest in addition to many of the largest commercial jigsaw puzzles. For example: the jigsaw puzzle to the left is made up of a thousand very small pieces in an area 18.11 in. x 11.08 in.( and usually comes with a twizzer) while the Jigsaw Puzzle ‘Life – The Great Challenge’ (which was released in 2007 and measuring 15 ft. by 5 ft.) contains a whopping 24,000 pieces.
9. Talented craftsmen are continually developing techniques to make it tougher to solve jigsaw puzzles.Advancements and innovations include ‘The Phoney Corner’ (this is an unofficial jigsaw puzzle corner piece which fits in the MIDDLE of a jigsaw puzzle) and ‘Color Line Cutting’ (this is a jigsaw piece that is cut exactly along side the dividing line between two different colors – a pure blue piece can then join a pure green piece and neither jigsaw piece gives a hint into the color of it’s neighbour puzzle piece).
10. In 1989 Stave jigsaw puzzle company released a jigsaw puzzle which had no solution – needless to say there were many outraged puzzlers who unknowingly tried to complete it!
11. By far the most jigsaw puzzle pieces ever assembled together in one single jigsaw puzzle was 209,250 pieces in Taiwan’s Grand Formosa Regent Hotel.
12. It’s amazing that the word ‘Jigsaw’ over the years has been so ingrained within the English language that over 140 British companies that are registered include that word in their trading title.
13. Personalized Jigsaw Puzzles are very popular and there are a number of companies that will take a photo that you supply them with and transform it into a high quality wooden jigsaw puzzle. The jigsaw puzzle on the right comes from Jayem Jigsaws.
14.The very first jigsaw puzzled were called ‘dissected maps’ and were cut almost 2 1/2 centuries ago.
15. Years ago in the late nineteenth century a regular wooden jigsaw puzzle cost over 95 cents – a little more than the majority of folks earned in a week.
16. While a 500 piece cardboard jigsaw puzzle can now be produced in a blink of an eye, it involves approximately 4 1/2 weeks for a talented craftsman to put together the form that cuts it.
17.Jigsaw puzzles lost much of their popularity for some time the all-pervading computer games came into the picture, but jigsaw puzzles happen to be now making a booming comeback. This can be possibly explained by a few reasons such as: much better production techniques which has led to better puzzles; also quality puzzles have already been seen to be appreciating considerably in value; jigsaw puzzles are now also a pleasurable break playing computer games!
18.Wooden jigsaw puzzles are enticing a large number of enthusiastic fans and followers because of the fact that laser and water jet technological innovations and modern advances have brought retail store costs all the way down to more acceptable levels which makes it much easier for the average person to buy some of the quality wooden jigsaw puzzles that are out there.
19. A special glue can be bought that allows you to ‘mount’ jigsaw puzzles that you’ve completed and subsequently you can then frame and hang your completed jigsaw puzzle on a wall. Remember though that when you have actually use this special glue on your jigsaw puzzle, you no longer possess a workable jigsaw puzzle! It can’t be re-made and it definitely will not appreciate in value!
There’s Only HOW Many Days Left Until Christmas?
Our Countdown To Christmas Clock Says….
Use Our FREE Puzzle and Gift finder tool below.
What can we Help You Find?